We are asking for a committed group of men and women to step up and serve those who will come to participate in PrayonMLK as a Watchman for a portion of the Human Prayer wall. If your heart has been stirred by this movement, and you are ready to serve – please read the full description and take up your position as a Watchman.
- Show up Early: 5:01P.M. Watchmen assembly at the PrayonMLK Resource HUB in the parking lot at MLK and S. New Braunfels Ave.
- Gather resources: You will need to bring white tape and sharpies, and sidewalk chalk to offer to those who decide to write a one-word prayer during the hour of silence (on their mask, shirt, or the sidewalk). The Resource HUB will have limited chalk and tape available if you are not able to bring some.
- Prep the Block: After the brief Watchmen assembly, you will go to your block and cover the section with prayer, mark off 6 feet spacing for participants (chalk or tape). Meet with your block worship leader to discuss and decide how you will share communion and transition for silence to vocal prayer and worship.
- Share information: Study the schedule ahead of time and be prepared answer questions and encourage and assist those who arrive on your block. Help others get in position for the prayer wall.
- Serve Communion: You can gather communion materials at the resource HUB. At 7:01 the Watchmen with transition their block to vocal prayers and worship by sharing communion with willing participants. If you need some help with this part, detailed instructions will be available on the website.
If you are ready to commit to serve as a watchman on the human prayer wall, please complete the form: